X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 to 2013 Mailbox Issue

Hello,
    Background
    I had migrated from Exchange 2003 to 2010, Removed Exchange 2003 and deployed Exchange 2013. Everything is going well. I've moved all the mailboxes from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013. All mail is routing through Exchange 2013. I'm all set to remove Exchange 2010. Go through the exchange remove process, complaining about mailboxes on the server so expecting it to be an arbitration or system mailbox, issue. After doing some queries I realised there are approx (10) mailboxes still sitting on Exchange 2010 - showing up as shared mailboxes.
    Since I did all the moves on Exchange 2013 and all mailboxes were moved to Exchange 2013 databases I figured I was finished.
    However, these (10) users do not show up in Exchange 2013 Admin console so I could not move them because they were never there. Just for grins I moved one of them from the powershell prompt to 2013 database -said it moved, completed. But it does not show up in Admin 2013 Console. If I check the Exchange 2010 console. It says it is now on the Exchange 2013 server database that I moved it to but it also does not show up in Exchange 2013 Admin console. So I can;t manage it or make any changes etc.
    It's like the mailboxes are in limbo but I cannot fathom why I can;t see them. All the other mailboxes were fine with no issues.
    Any suggestions as I am completely stumped?
    Both Exchanges are on Server 2012 R2 - Exchange 2010 is SP3 and Exchange 2013 is

Hi Sembee,

I see a response from you but when I look at the thread I don;t see a response?

Comment

Mystery Solved - I am ashamed to say I was looking in the wrong place. I was convinced there was a problem because I could not see them under recipients under Exchange 2013 but they were just under a tab called shared and presto they were there and I can move them etc.

Apologies for wasting anyone's time.

Comment

Working...
      X