Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport rules, adding a disclaimer with link

Your very useful instruction on adding a disclaimer:

(I may not post the link, but its at the root with the file name transport-rules-adding-a-disclaimer.htm.)

The instruction includes an example in which the second disclaimer ends with a link. You also state that urls may get converted to links. How should a text be written for that to happen? What coding?

Is this possible with just Exchange 2007?

Re: Transport rules, adding a disclaimer with link

I'm replying to myself:

I decided to install GFI Mailessentials, which claims that the disclaimer-function is freeware and will continue to function even after the standard trial-period.

Comment

Thanks for the update !!

Comment

GFI Mailessentials seems to work quite ok. It is not as configurable as transport rules in exchange, but it allows adding freely modifiable html-code.

So it works out of the box as follows: it adds to all outgoing (not internal) emails a disclaimer, but only once (so replying to a thread will add the disclaimer at the first time). Rather good and useful.

My problem is this: I cannot configure it to add the same disclaimer to internal messages. And this would be necessary so that we could archive exactly such emails as leave the organisation. If I add an internal archiving address, the mail will not get the disclaimer.

Any ideas?

Comment

My problem is this: I cannot configure it to add the same disclaimer to internal messages. And this would be necessary so that we could archive exactly such emails as leave the organisation. If I add an internal archiving address, the mail will not get the disclaimer.
          I don't think you can, as I have mailessentials and with emails internally it doesn't tack the disclaimer to the bottom of the email so I guess it could be by design?

Comment

PolicyPatrol will apply internal disclaimers -- not free, though
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Although PolicyPatrol is more honed to mail & spam than email footers!
              |
              +-- JDMils
              |
              +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
              |

Comment

You could look at Exclaimer.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
                  You could look at Exclaimer.
                  I concur, that's what we use, although I have had issues in the past (admittedly with Exchange 2003) when internal email is disclaimed.
                  BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                  sigpic
                  Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by JDMils View Post
                    Although PolicyPatrol is more honed to mail & spam than email footers!
                    Depends which version you use.
                    Separate ones for
                    Anti-spam
                    Archiving
                    Disclaimers

or one All-in-one version
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You can also use Codetwo Exchange Rules. It is freeware with no time limits and can be set up for inbound, outbound and internal correspondence as well. The only disadventage is that it adds a little ad line at the bottom of each disclaimer which says: Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules. If you don't want this add, you need to buy a license.

Check it out on CodeTwo website.

Comment

Exclaimer is another great too/

Comment

Working...
                        X