Exchange 2010 email relay between internal domain Exchange Organizations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 email relay between internal domain Exchange Organizations

I was hoping someone could assist with providing some options to achieve incoming and outgoing external email from our testing environment.

I need to be able to have our testing Exchange 2010 environment (test.domain.internal) which is not a standard domain extension to be able to send and receive external email via our production Exchange 2010 Organization (example: domain.com).

The problem I see is that our testing Exchange Organization is using smtp address name space test.domain.internal and I want to avoid creating a whole new external domain namespace, MX Record etc for external dns. So, I'd lke to use the same namespace as my production for the Internet sender to be abwel to send to and to resolve. So example say external sender test.contoso.com sends to [email protected], My production Exchange Organization would then need to re-direct\route this email to our test.domain.internal Exchange Organization. That is what we would like to achieve, I know there are different ways we can do it and apart from Network firewall components, what would we need to configure, what's the easiest way?

I'm thinking I'd need to create an accepted domain for test.domain.internal and be athorative for that domain in our production environment. I'd then need to create a Mail Contact in our production environment with smtp [email protected]al. Then create a new receive connector to allow relay to the test.domain.internal Exchange 2010 server and perhaps create a new Send Connector for that domain.

Then on the test Exchange 2010 server I would need to add an accepted domain for domain.com.

Is that the best way, has anyone done this before and achieved this?

I know it may not be best practice as you would isolate these environments but this is for testing purposes only.

You can share a namespace with Exchange 2010 and another email system of any type, including Exchange. Create an internal relay domain, and a send connector pointing to the address of the external server. Email addresses which are not matched on Exchange 2010 are forwarded through the send connector to the second email server.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...xchg.141).aspx
    Last edited by cruachan; 21st January 2016, 12:13.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Hi,

That may work, I'll give that a shot. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X