Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2K3 to 2K10 Migration - Schedule+Free Busy Issue

Hi All,

We are in the process of migrating from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 and have ran into a bit of a snag. Our configuration consists of a single 2K3 box and single 2K10 box (running CAS, HUB, and MBX). In an effort to be the test subject I have migrated only our technical team from the 2K3 box to the 2K10 box and most functionality seems to be working (sending, receiving, OAB, etc) except for the Schedule/Free Busy information when scheduling a meeting with a mailbox that lives on the 2K3 server. Basically no information is listed. However a 2K3 to a 2K3 mailbox works and a 2K10 to a 2K10 mailbox works.

From within the Public Folder Management Console I have setup the replication for both groups listed (First Administrative Group and Exchange Administrative Group) to include the Public Folder DB for both the 2K3 and the 2K10 servers. Also completed the same work in the ESM on the 2K3 server to make sure both DB's are listed.

It has been running this way for several days so I figured by now things should be in sync. Anyone have any tips or ideas on why this may not be functioning correctly?

TIA,

-Jason
    MCSA/MCSE 2K3,MCITP:ESA,MCTS x 4,VCP x 2

Re: Exchange 2K3 to 2K10 Migration - Schedule+Free Busy Issue

Did you use the Powershell script to set up the replica? I don't think it should matter which way you set it up, but I used that .ps1 script and haven't run into any issues.

Only other think I recall reading is to ensure the right authentication is set on the directories in IIS.

Sorry I can't give more info - its all from memory. Check out the technet forums, I think there's a few threads there which go into detail.

Cheers,
    A

Comment

Originally posted by bunce View Post
      Did you use the Powershell script to set up the replica? I don't think it should matter which way you set it up, but I used that .ps1 script and haven't run into any issues.
      bunce,

I used the EMC to setup the replica's. Per your post I went back in and used the Powershell scripts (AddReplicaToPFRecurdive and MoveAllReplicas) and I will see if that resolves my issue. Also, I did some Google-Fu and come up with this MS article. Not exactly my issue but when running the commands they list I did not see any replicas listed under SCHEDULE+ Free BUSY. I would be curious to know if you run the same command what your output looks like just to double check. Below is what I receive:

Name : SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY
      Replicas : {}

Name : EX:/o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
      Replicas : {2K10PF}

Name : EX:/o=domain/ou=First Administrative Group

TIA,

-Jason

Comment

- just caught me - was literally about to hit the power button after (surprisingly) some success adding new connectors!

I only ran the first powershell script to create the replica - wasn't planning on running the 2nd (MoveAllReplicas) until everyone is moved across to 2010.

My output is as follows:

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>get-publicfolder -Identity "\NON_IPM_SUBTREE\SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY" -Recurse | fl name,Replicas

Name : EX:/o=MyOrgName/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
        Replicas : {XGE-MBX-PublicFolders}

Name : EX:/o=MyOrgName/ou=ORG-1
        Replicas : {ADL-EXBE01\First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (XGE2K3-BE)}

I just tested setting up a meeting with a 2k3 user from 2k10 and could see a newly created appointment (from 2 minutes prior), so even with replication delays it doesn't look to be an issue.

On the 2010 PF mailbox copy I have:
        - Replication Interval: Always Run
        - Replication interval for 'Always Run" (minutes): 5
        - Replication message size limit (KB): 300

I'm off to crash, but post anything else you want me to check and I'll get back to ya in the morning.

Cheers,
        Andrew

Comment

Andrew,

Thanks for the post. I have re-configured my Free Busy replication to match yours:

Name : EX:/o=valleycom/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)

Name : EX:/o=valleycom/ou=First Administrative Group
          Replicas : {VCC-PRDV-XCH01\First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (VCC-PRDV-XCH01)}

On top of that I changed some IIS permissions (adding Integrated Windows Authentication to the 2K3 /public folder and removing require SSL from the 2K10 /public folder) per this MS KB article. The I waited for replication to take place and the issue now seems to be resolved!

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated!

-Jason

Comment

Working...
          X