No announcement yet.

MSExchangeTransport error

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSExchangeTransport error

Hi guys,

Im getting the following error within my server (SBS 2008 with Exchange 2007) Microsoft Exchange could not find a certificate that contains the domain name in the personal store on the local computer. Therefore, it is unable to support the STARTTLS SMTP verb for the connector Windows SBS Internet Receiver with a FQDN parameter of If the connector's FQDN is not specified, the computer's FQDN is used. Verify the connector configuration and the installed certificates to make sure that there is a certificate with a domain name for that FQDN. If this certificate exists, run Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Services SMTP to make sure that the Microsoft Exchange Transport service has access to the certificate key.

Am I ok to create another exchange certificate with the following New-exchangecertificate -domainName server, server.domain.local, to resove this error? Will it have an effect on other certificates?

Our external certificate which is used to connect is so would it just be easier to change the receive connector FQDN to remote instead of mail?

The receive connector FQDN should be the server's real name. Someone has changed it.
    Is your MX record mail, rather than remote? If so, switch it to remote, removing the mail.
    Then change the FQDN on the receive connector to server.domain.local (ie the server's real name). That will resolve the errors and will have no effect on mail flow.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.