Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win Rar Attachment blocked with errors

Hello Experts,
    I have Exchange 2010 with SP3 Roll Update 3 with Forefront installed on it.
    I have a user who was trying to send an email with attachment in 5 MB size and it is win rar compressed file.
    but the internal and external users are receiving as text
    This is the error «FILE QUARANTINED»

The original contents of this file have been replaced with this message because of its characteristics.
    File name: 'winmail.dat->File.part3.rar'
    Malware name: 'CorruptedCompressedFile'

Please can someone help to resolve this?

I've never used Exchange but do know that winmail.dat is a result of a configuration issue in Exchange. Perhaps if you tried resolving that, it might help.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/138053
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Moving this to Exchange forum for better response

Is this all attached RAR files (if so, look at blocked file types) or just the one?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,
        I had a similar situation. I found an option on Forefront Protection for Exchange 2010 under Policy Magement > General Options > Advanced
        Treat multi-part .rar archive as a corrupted file. I removed the checked from this options, which enabled by default. Maybe you can also help this way. In that case, if this does not solve the problem, I don't know what else to do. Think only remains to try a third-party program. You can search in Google. I looked and found RAR Recovery Toolbox. By the description I thought it was good [MOD EDIT LINK REMOVED]
        Last edited by Ossian; 29th November 2015, 20:22.

Comment

Just in case you read it this information. Might find something useful
          [MOD EDIT LINK REMOVED AND SPAMMER BANNED]
          Last edited by Ossian; 29th November 2015, 20:23.

Comment

Working...
          X