Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gmail act as backup server of exchange

Hello

These days i am facing my exchange server down how i all email goes to gmail or yahoo or hotmail id

Only way is to change MX records (up to 48 hours for changes to propagate) then change them back when you are up and running again. Of course you would also need to make sure the service accepts your domain.

A better (but more costly) solution would be a third party archiving / spam filtering service - Messagelabs is one, although there are others.
    This will not be cheap, and will require planning, not something done in the middle of a disaster recovery
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Haven't used it for a while, but my old company used GFI MaxMail for email filtering and continuity, and it worked at 1 a mailbox a month near enough. That was a couple of years ago though, but much cheaper than MessageLabs at the time.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

mimecast also does this - either spooling while down, or even continuity services with an outlook plugin
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

For the purposes of creating mirrors of MS Exchange messages, I often use Handy Backup.

Comment

Working...
          X