Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLOCKING ZIP FILES IN EXCH 2013 simply not happening...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLOCKING ZIP FILES IN EXCH 2013 simply not happening...

I have two AD's both Win Serv 12 St. Ed.

One exch server, on Win Serv 12 St. Ed, with Exchange 2013, CU 10 and every single Microsoft update installed.

I have an Open Ticket with Microsoft over Exchange not blocking zip files. This has been working perfectly for years even when I was on Exchange 2007. A few weeks ago it stopped working.

so MS techs have been trying for over a week to block all zip files, we haven't had any luck using Mail Flow > Rules, new rules or even Protection> malware filter new filter.

we have tried every option still no luck, any assistances will be helpful!

my current rule (which doesn't work)

Apply this rule if The sender (outside org) & the recipient is (inside org)
    Any attachment's file exentsions match (*.zip & zip)
    Do the following - reject with explanation (blah, blah)
    Priority: 0
    Audit is checked (high)
    Enforce

so I waited an entire quarter, and installed CU 11, but still can't block zip files, here is Microsoft's reply to my open ticket:
    The fix for this issue is only available in Exchange 2016. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Comment

The fix for this issue is only available in Exchange 2016. We apologize for the inconvenience.
      You gotta be shitting me. Are they going to give you a FREE upgrade and FREE CALs for this inconvenience? Mmmm, thought not. :bang-head-wall:

Thanks for posting back with their response.

Can you set an Outlook Rule to delete any emails arriving with a ZIP file attached? I don't have Exchange running anymore so I can't test this obscure work-a-round out.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

yeah I have tried everything. This worked perfectly until late July early August of this year (2015). Microsoft still sends me e-mails with their crappy apologies and only fix of upgrading to Exchange 2016, which just recently came out. I told them on the phone that I would upgrade if they flew to Tampa and did it for me for free, they act like it's a simple upgrade...or new install for that matter. Unreal. I can try to block zip files with my spam filter (Trend Micro) but that needs some tweaking, will do in 2016.

Comment

Working...
        X