Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving messages

Hi ,

We are running exchange 2013 and having 30 users inside.

Now one of our user requirement is to move every messages to Deleted items automatically , even though his microsoft outlook is closed...and every message need to be forwarded to his personal ID. I am able to found a rule in exchange to forward a message and its working fine...I even made a rule to move a message to Deleted items but that need his outlook to be open . User want it to be automatically move , even though his outlook is closed...Is it possible to move message to Deleted items automatically...

Thanks..

So basically a manager wants his email to leave the organisation, and be deleted internally. I smell a very large rat and personally would not even look at it without approval from a more senior manager (and even then under protest)

What if there is a legal request for the email later? How do you control the managers replies?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi ,

Actually , there is one user , who is working remotely and hardly comes to the office once in a month , and he want every mail to be forwarded to his personal id ...Manager and CEO approves this system but as per the Microsoft , out look need to be open to move messages automatically...forwarding is possible but is moving message to different folder is possible ?
      Is it possible using exchange server...

Thanks..

Comment

Why on earth can't he use a proper Exchange based solution - you have both Outlook Anywhere and ActiveSync available.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your quick reply...

Actually , that user do not want to use the outlook anywhere or Active Sync...He just want to use his personal gmail id..

So , will those rules work , even when his outlook is closed in that system..

Thanks

Comment

I'm with Tom on this one. Make sure you have it, in writing, from a Senior Manager, and have it lodged with HR to cover your own backside.

This is what I would do:

Create a contact for the user externally.
            Re-direct all mail to that user in the users Delivery Options.
            Don't tick the Deliver to both Mailbox's option.
            Test.

Comment

Why not just Forward the email to the idiot's Gmail (you gotta be kidding) account and leave the original on the Exchange Server. That way you are covered if they get hit by a drone strike or similar fatal misfortune. Their replacement will need to have copies of the emails sent to him (and sent by him would also be beneficial) so they can take over his job with as little fuss as possible. The way this clown wants it setup will mean the Company has ZERO record of any business emails either sent or received. This could be a very expensive omission if this person does suffer a fatal or debilitating injury/illness and can no longer work for the Company OR is unable to retrieve a forgotten password.

I wonder if this user will be happy supplying the Company with the User Credentials for the Gmail account. I would guess not since there are bound to be personal emails sent and received to that account.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

tell this guy you are out of Magic Pixie Dust...wow what a crazy request. Gmail really...sheesh.

Comment

Working...
                X