No announcement yet.

Exchange 2003 to 2010 public folder move all replicas

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 to 2010 public folder move all replicas

Hi all,
    In the process of moving all replicas my exchange 2010 rebooted so, i try to resume the move by performing the move replica once again.
    But it seems that it doesn't work so, i try resend changes but, it doesn't work as well.
    I don't know what can initialize the move again.
    Any help will be appreciated

Has anything moved? If nothing has I'd check the connectors have created OK between 2003 and 2010 and also check your anti-spam software. Anything which tags messages (E.g. Sophos PureMessage) will prevent replication unless you disable the tagging.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    Cruachan's Blog

Thanks for the replay.
      I moved more then half of the public folder, via move all replica, until my exchange 2010 rebooted.
      Now i'm trying to move the rest of my public folder but, when i do the move all replica again i don't see any movement...
      I also try with the move all replica powershell script and nothing moved

How can i know if sync is in progress?

Hi, i can tell for sure that edb file on both exchange 2003 and exchange 2010 are the same size but, again the public folder instance folder is not empty.
          What should i do? (already restart the server)

The replication can take a very long time. In the message tracking logs you should see the replica messages being sent and received.

On the 2010 server you can run this command to check the numbers:
            Get-PublicFolderStatistics | select name,itemcount,totalitemsize | ft -AutoSize
            On the 2003 server in ESM, expand the public folder database and select the Instances (or something like that... it's been awhile since I worked on Exchange 2003) and it should give you similar information. The instances should start, slowly, disappearing.
            Check it once or twice a day to see if it's progressing. Again, give it time, it takes awhile.

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond