Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open relay test

Hi ,

We are using exchange 2013 server , We are getting mails from our mail service providers " arrowmail.co.uk" . Inside mails to "TO and FROM address are totally invalid.

Those users are not exist on my exchange server.

We have configured the address in our send connector " [email protected] " and route the mail using "smarthost.arrowmail.co.uk"

I tried to check my server is open relay or not and I found its not open relay.

Here i am attaching a screen , what i check , does it the correct settings i check or does that any other settings i need to check.

is there any other possibilities , if my server is not an open relay ..what could be the security loop halls on my exchange i can check , and to stop those mails..

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Hi, you can use the Open relay server test on MX Toolbox.
    http://mxtoolbox.com/diagnostic.aspx

Also the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer will tell you if you're an open relay there are some tests you can do.
    https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply , My server is not an open relay.

Is there other security messures i can consider to make my exchange more secure , or is there any tool available , which can check all loophalls and suggest the steps to resolve.

Thanks,

Comment

I have no idea what you mean by the statement "We are using exchange 2013 server , We are getting mails from our mail service providers " arrowmail.co.uk" . Inside mails to "TO and FROM address are totally invalid.", but it sounds like backscatter spam to me.

Comment

Hi ,

Yes, its a true , its a backscatter spam only...so is there any way to stop this...

Is there anything I need to consider as a security point of view , if my server is not an open relay...

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X