No announcement yet.

Exchange 2013 - Currupted Index and Database

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2013 - Currupted Index and Database

Our Default Mailbox database is currupted as the index. The index state is failed state and the database won`t mount.

Here how this all happen.

We have 3 databases. We ran out of disk space. The default database dismounted, the 2 others were mounted.
    I was in a process of cleaning up the database. We only have the administrator mailbox in this one.
    It was full of email 900000 in inbox, with a database of 90GB! (This was due to all logon email mistake configuration).
    Facing the emergency of keeping place for the 2 other databases, I deleted all logs for (except the E00) the default database (was unmounted).
    A total of 17000 log files was in there!
    Because I was in the process of deleting the content I didn`t care of keeping unwrited data.

After this was done. I ran :
    eseutil /P with repair no error
    eseutil /D (this reduce the edb from 90GB to 22B
    eseutil /G with succes no error
    eseutil /R doesn`t work (error 1003 jet error, probably due to unmounted database)

The database status is dismounted and status index failed.

I tried to rebuild the index (stop Host search etc, delete guid folder and start host search). It recreated the guid folder, so the search process works.

The status still dismounted and status index failed.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions, I am currently lost?

I am thinking to make another database and deleting the default one but I can`t move administrator mailbox and others systems mailboxs because I can`t mount the database!

Best Regards,

Setup is :
    Domain structure 2008 (1 windows 2012 and 1 windows 2008 )
    Exchange 2013 installed on a Windows 2012 member server
    Last edited by anormand; 18th June 2015, 03:43.

For that database, move the E00.chk, E00*.log (including E00.log), and *.jrs files to a different folder and then try mounting.

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond

Generally repairing exchange mailbox corrupted database is well performed with PowerShell tool. And I would also like to recommend such tools while performing exchange recovery of corrupted mailbox database and indexes.