Exch 2013, Tracking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exch 2013, Tracking

I can't seem to properly track incoming/outgoing e-mail in Exch 2013. At least not easily. I use a third party application for relay and spam, and I can track pretty easily

sender, recipient, action, subj, Sender IP, Delivered to (IP) works great if mail is delivered to your inbox.

but once mail is sent to Exch from third party that's pretty much were support ends from them.

so I want to be able to use Exch to do the same.

I can track from Powershell using this:

Get-Messagetrackinglog -Recipients: [email protected] -EventID "RECEIVE" -Start "4/27/2015 6:30:00 aM" -End "04/28/2015 06:45:10 am" |ft Timestamp, Source, Sender, Recipients, MessageSubject >>C:\me.txt

but the above doesn't tell me if e-mail was delivered or not, kind of says sender, recipients, msgSubject but that's it. I want to know if mail was delivered or not and why if it wasn't delivered.

I tried EAC but that's pretty much useless since it can only track within my domain.

I also tried this:

>Get-MessageTrackingLog -ResultSize Unlimited -Start "4/29/2015 8:00AM" -End "4/29/2015 1:00PM" _EventID "Fail" -Sender
    "[email protected]" >>C:\xx2.txt

that just shows Fail but no error.

also ran this crazy command with no help:
    Get-MessageTrackingLog -ResultSize Unlimited -Start “Apr 29 2015” | Out-GridView

Last edited by bigalusn; 29th April 2015, 19:45.

Since you seem to have a pretty narrow search, why not drop the eventid? I think that would get you what you want. Also, your format is limiting your info. You may want to expand the properties you're looking at.
    Code:
    Get-Messagetrackinglog -Recipients: [email protected] -Start "4/27/2015 6:30:00 aM" -End "04/28/2015 06:45:10 am" |  Export-Csv C:\me.csv
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

thanks that works soooo much better!

Comment

Glad to help!
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer