No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 issue after domain migration

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 issue after domain migration

I'm going to be migrating a 2003 domain over to a new forest and building it up as 2008. I've got the migration squared away for the users, computers, and resources but I'm having an issue with Exchange.

We are going to leave Exchange in the old domain and use it as a resource forest. My question is, is how do I get the accounts to point to the newly migrated account? I don't want to leave the old account enabled in the old forest and have to do it that way. Is there something I can do to flip the accounts to point to the migrated ones?

All the trust and DNS settings are in place and active. I'm honestly just not an Exchange guy and defer to you more experienced fellows.

Re: Exchange 2007 issue after domain migration

If Exchange is in a different forest, then you need to have accounts in both domains. The trust then does its thing. Therefore there is no "flip" of the accounts to be done, what you have to do is go through and add the trusted account to the list of permissions. It needs both Full Mailbox and Send As to work.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.