No announcement yet.

Public folder permission

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public folder permission

I have exchange 2007 sp2 on win2k3 sp2

trying to add permissions to a public folder in which i dont have access to..

i put in the correct command through the shell

[PS] C:\pfscripts>.\AddUsersToPFRecursive.ps1 -Toppublicfolder "\ops log" -User mlabara -permissions owner

I end up getting this error message:

Get-PublicFolder : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'log'.
    At line:1 char:17
    + get-publicfolder <<<< -identity \ops log -Recurse -resultsize unlimited
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: ( [Get-PublicFolder], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.Exchange.Man agement.MapiTasks.GetPublicFolder

Why? i can lookit up by the same parameter "ops log" but not add the permission to it? does not make sense.. i am including a screen shot of the public folder tree.. am i doing something wrong of does exchange 2007 suk azz...??

please help as i need to to this for all my public folders...
    aslo is there a GUI interface that i can install that would help? i need something because this powershell crap suks.
    Attached Files

Re: Public folder permission

Looks like that sript don't like your space in the public folder name.

It takes \ops as identity and log then as a paramter which it isn't.

Have you tried to add the permission without using this script?

Regarding that Gui thing, look up ExFolders, maybe it can do what you want.
    Last edited by FischFra; 16th July 2010, 10:13.

Re: Public folder permission

Came across this exact same issue Thought about trying to fix the script - but they are all digitally signed so you cannot modify bupkis.

My solution involved renaming the top-level folder by removing the space - and then running the script. It worked like a charm - despite their being spaces (and trailing spaces) in subordinate folders. Once the script is finished you can rename the topmost folder back to how it was.

It would make sense to leave it without a space, so you can run the script in future