Entourage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entourage

Just implemented Exchange 2010. Install went great, however, last week we decided to hire 2 new marketing people.. Guess what they had to have? Mac's.

With that being said, I've done a lot of research, but very little is out there for Exchange 2010. I've learned that MAPI support has been dropped. Therefore, you need to utilize:

Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition

The pre-req's are as followed:
    Microsoft Exchange Server: Connectivity to Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB952580) or later version. You can download this update for free from the MS Website.

Note Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB952580) must be applied to both the Mailbox server and the Client Access server roles.

So my question, has anyone applied this to 2010 and does it work? The last thing I want to do is mess up Exchange as a lot of blood sweat and tears went into it. Any thoughts/suggestions? If I don't hear anything back, my next step will be MS.

thank you
    Ryan

Re: Entourage

personally, I would assume that Ex2010 has a higher patch level than 2007, which your links refer to.

With that in mind, I'd simply try connecting Entourage straight up to Exchange without making any changes. Once you know it doesn't work, then consider it.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Agreed. You shouldn't be able to harm Exchange by trying. And even if you do, you'll have a backup to restore from won't you.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I figured one of the latest patches would have the updates in it.

However, none of the Microsoft Sites/KB's say anything which is why I'm confused.

Comment

just give it a try without any patches.

Then worry about trying to change it to make it work
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Doesn't work... On the latest and greatest SP.

Comment

For Entourage 2008 EWS Edition we need to set the internalURI and we need functioning EWS; otherwise it will never connect..
              I would suggest if you try recreating your EWS Vdir on CAS and see if it makes a difference as its the most common fix
              I have tested Entourage 2008 EWS on Exchange 2k10 which works fine without any additional changes.

Regards
              Fazal
              Fazal Zaidi
              MCITP-Windows 2008,Exchange 2010,MCTS-Exchange 2007,2010,Lync 2010,MCSE-2000,2003,MCSA-2003,2008,2012,MCP,MCSE -Messaging 2013,ITIL

Comment

Working...
              X