Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Party Program Cannot Send Email Using Exhange SMTP Server

Hey guys,

We have an app we run that can send email notifications if a certain event takes place. I thought I had the email settings correct but it doesnt want to use our Exchange 07 server to send out messages. We created an AD account and mailbox so the app could use that to authenticate with the SMTP server. I have done this once before for Exchange 2003 without issue, it's just now I am running into issues with our Exchange 07 server. I also tested a POP/SMTP account from a hosting site we use and it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Third Party Program Cannot Send Email Using Exhange SMTP Server

Any clue as to what this application might be?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

It is called Alert. It handles scheduling for IT projects.

Comment

does the application generate any particular errors when the smtp attempt fails ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Checked the event log on the exchange server and the server that has the app on it and it shows no errors that relate to this issue.
          Last edited by alpha202ej; 9th June 2010, 20:29. Reason: Update

Comment

Have you tried creating a receive connector on the Exchange box locked down to the IP of the device that the 3rd party software sits on?

http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/0...-to-allow.html

Comment

Working...
            X