Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 Warning Exchange service not running HELP!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 Warning Exchange service not running HELP!!!

Restarted the SBS 2008 server today and now cannot get Exchange to startup properly.

Everyone can log in with no problems and all seems to be well apart from the email issues.

This is the warning I get when I go into the Exchange console:

--------------------------------------------------------
    Microsoft Exchange Warning
    The following warning(s) were reported while loading topology information:

get-MailboxDatabase
    Completed

Warning:
    ERROR: Could not connect to the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on server PEARCEHIRESERV1.pearcehire.local. One of the following problems may be occurring: 1- The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running. 2- There is no network connectivity to server PEARCEHIRESERV1.pearcehire.local. 3- You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this command. The following permissions are required to perform this command: Exchange View-Only Administrator and local administrators group for the target server. 4- Credentials have been cached for an unpriviledged user. Try removing the entry for this server from Stored User Names and Passwords.

get-PublicFolderDatabase
    Completed

Warning:
    ERROR: Could not connect to the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on server PEARCEHIRESERV1.pearcehire.local. One of the following problems may be occurring: 1- The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running. 2- There is no network connectivity to server PEARCEHIRESERV1.pearcehire.local. 3- You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this command. The following permissions are required to perform this command: Exchange View-Only Administrator and local administrators group for the target server. 4- Credentials have been cached for an unpriviledged user. Try removing the entry for this server from Stored User Names and Passwords.

OK

I have seen this before and seem to remember typing something at a command prompt like setup /preparedomain????

Any help is appriciated

Re: Exchange 2007 Warning Exchange service not running HELP!!!

check your services console and ensure all the services are running.
    Chances are some of the services failed to start accordingly.

You'll need to have a thorough review of the event logs to work out how come though..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I have tried starting the information store service manually but it wont start and the system event log shows the following error:

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 0 (0x0).

Comment

first google response i found was this.
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285116

have you found any others, or got any other event log IDs i can research for you... ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Yea I found that one and have carried out the instruction it says. However, it is all correct to what it states in the article.

I am at a loss to know what is wrong.

How do you recover the store??

Comment

any other events in the event log ?
            and have you tried simply rebooting the server, to see if it rights itself ?

Comment

Have restarted the server and also now attempted a recovery of the mailbox database using the in built Exchange tools

Do hold out a lot of hope!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X