content filtering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• content filtering

in exchange 2007 when you enable content filtering. how do you "allow" more spam..
    we already have a spam filter from our ISp and they do a damn good job. the issue is some good mail get tagged by exchange as junk.. how do i loosen the filtering. i installed the anti- spam console but nothing is enabled.

Does the number have to be closer to 0 or closer to 9 to be more relaxed?

thanks to all who respond

Re: content filtering

In Exchange >> Organization Configuration >> Hub transport >> Anti-Spam tab >> Content Filtering Properties >> Action Tab, for the content filtering to be more relazed, the number must be closer to 0.

You can also turn content filtering off altogether.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

well its more the stuff that gets tagged as junk mail and moved to the junkmail folder in out look .. that is my main concern.. does that number need to be a 9 or a 0?

this command is my reference

set-OrganizationConfig -SCLJunkThreshold 5

Comment

Outlook's junk email folder isn't a part of the Exchange anti-spam system (as far as I know). The Outlook junk folder is based on the Outlook junk email filter. Check this page out, which is for Outlook 2003 but will be similar for 07 and 10.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

link does not work... outlook gets its junk email from server because we have messages in the header stating that exchange has marked it as spam not outlook

that i know is related to the command you use in the shell program.

here is a pic
          Attached Files

Comment

Have you edited the spam filtering level on the Organization >> Hub Transport >> Etc. area that I referenced earlier? You can turn it off completely if you like using the instructions I linked to in the my first post.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

i did but but junk mail works differently and my emails still get that message when they goto junk mail folder with that heading

Comment

Working...
              X