No announcement yet.

SBS 2008 outlook anywhere certificates

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 outlook anywhere certificates

Recently I setup an SBS 2008 server in a site in city2 ( We also have an existing sbs 2003 server in city1 that is operating as our primary external mail server (

I hope to setup outlook anywhere into the city1 office (only) so I used this guide to help me make the necessary changes –

Unfortunately I bought a standard certificate from Godaddy for before I found this article. Subsequently I looked around for the cheapest certificates and found a site that looks like a reseller from Godaddy at –

I purchased a UCC certificate with all the required domains included -

but the website told me that I had already registered a certificate for so I decided to exclude that record from the certificate and use the standard certificate purchased earlier for that domain record (not sure if this should work or not – single standard certificate plus UCC certificate to cover required domains but this is all I could do under the circumstances)

External DNS settings are - -> city2 -> city1 -> city2

The 2 problems are that now existing interstate POP users are getting certificate errors when connecting to city1 with the domain not matching the name of the site.

Also cannot get the outlook anywhere to connect.
    This is my first real dig with certificates so any help would be appreciated to get things going.
    Last edited by heals1ic; 25th April 2010, 03:16.