No announcement yet.

How to configure Forefront email signature?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure Forefront email signature?

Hi there,
    I our organization we have Exchange 2010 and Edge Server in the DMZ with "Forefront Security for Exchange Server" installed. On each client computer we install the Forefront Anti-Virus client via GPO. My question is if there is anyway to a attach to every email sent from inside the company a notification that Forefront scan the email. Something like that:

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. database 5026 (20100413) __________

Re: How to configure Forefront email signature?

I would advise against doing so.
    Signatures of that type are actually just an advert for the AV (sneaky way of getting free advertising) and can actually make you look bad. I have had emails from users with the signature on them that shows the AV hasn't been updated for days or weeks.
    Then there is the bloat they put on the message.

I am not aware of any way in Forefront to do it, but it isn't something I have looked for - I only look to turn things like that off.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Agree re advertising, but you could use a transport rule to add a generic disclaimer in the exchange server
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Yeah i thought of that but it's not good enough to my CEO