No announcement yet.

Exchange Certificare Issue (Urgent)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Certificare Issue (Urgent)

I installed Certificate Authority on My HUBCAS Server , And created a new certificate for exchange , which is working fine on HUBCAS m I can see any warning message !

But when i try this certificate on client machine , it shows me on General Tab
    "Windows doesnt have enough information to verify this information" and on certification Path , in Certification status.

"The Issue of this certificate couldnt be found"

I m using windows 2008 & Exchange 2007

My question is if certificate is working on HUB/CAS(Same server where i installed CA) then it should work on client too

Waiting for your replies

Re: Exchange Certificare Issue (Urgent)

I take it since you has a CA then you are using your own self signed certificate?

Does the client trust the root CA certificate?

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Exchange Certificate Issue (Urgent)

If you want urgent - call Microsoft.

Why are you trying to use an internal CA? If the server is Internet facing then you really should be using a commercial certificate. An internal CA is only an option where you have complete control over 100% of the clients. If you want to use TLS for secure SMTP delivery with third party senders then you need a commercial certificate.

You can purchase a commercial certificate for less than $80, so spending lots of time trying to get an internal CA to work for just Exchange is simply a waste of time in my opinion.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.