No announcement yet.

Exchange 2010 missing text body

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 missing text body

Hi, I have problem with new fresh installation Exchange 2010, well upgrade from Exchange 2003 server to new server Exchange 2010.

All process went fine, no problem. After all mailoxes moved to Exchange 2010,
    some of the users mailbox, has no body message only header (sender, recipients and subject). Only happen with HTML email. Plain text email ok.
    But also applies to random emails for 1 user.
    Also this happen to random users, not all users have the same problem. I am not sure it is about time or not till it happens to all users.

So decided move back all the mailboxes to Exchange 2003 then restore from bakcup, which another problem with the backup.

Any one have the solution to the mystery of the missing body? I googled but seems no one has the same problem like me.

Re: Exchange 2010 missing text body

That is not something that I have heard of with Exchange 2010, so I would be pointing the finger at something third party. AV software for example. It could be that something is touching the content which means that Outlook cannot display it correctly.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Hi Sembee,

Thanks for your reply.

I think must be on the server side since it is a new server with all new software. But no one can confirm if this is the case.

I am using the new version of ESET Mail Security 4 64-bit which is compatible with Exchange 2010 (according to the their website).

But again, it's randomly happen to the emails and 3 users that is affected (that we know of).

Any reason why AV could do that?

Hi Simon,

After your reply, I researched related to the AV that we installed ESET Mail Security and again..... YOU ARE CORRECT!

Hi All

I have the exsact same issue
          I migrated users from exchange 2003 to exchange 2010 and 3 of the 48+ users are reporting that the body of the email is not being displayed. I though it was distribution group related but it appears to be random.

It Doesn ot matter if its a direct user to ues mail or the mail get to the use via a distribution group.

Just to state again i am having the same issue, Pleae help

Further info. It also happens within web mail so its not client or workstation related
          Last edited by garytrembath; 21st July 2010, 21:47.

What server side AV or anti-spam products are you using?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **