No announcement yet.

How to configure OWA in exchange 2007 to access mail over internet

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure OWA in exchange 2007 to access mail over internet

I recently migrated from exchange 2003 to exchange 2007 on server 2008, and decommissioned exchange server 2003

Question: I want to configure Exchange 2007 owa to be accessible over internet (from outside), (exchange 2007sp2 installed on server 2008 sp2), I have no problem accessing owa Within network using HTTPS://, it works fine.

Environment: one DC 2008 server, one exchange server 2007, single site and singel forest.

I want OWA to be accessible from out side by using this this url https://mail.domain.comortnumber /exchange,(i use to use this url in exchange 2003 server) where domain is my internet domain,

I am using exchange 2007 self signed certificate.

I have a limited knowledge and dont want to mess arround.

Please advise me how to configure in CAS and IIS

Thanks for your time
    Last edited by sbsajjan; 25th March 2010, 03:41.

Re: How to configure OWA in exchange 2007 to access mail over Internet

There is very little to configure.
    However I would suggest that you complete your deployment of Exchange by purchasing a certificate. The self signed certificate is not designed for production use and should be replaced with a commercial certificate. That will also remove the the SSL prompts.

Once you have the SSL certificate in place then the only thing to do is configure the EXTERNAL URL on the properties of the OWA virtual directory in Exchange Management Console.
    You should be using /owa not /exchange for OWA access. The /exchange variant is for backwards computability and you will simply be redirected to /owa.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.