Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Forest Migration from 2003 to 2007

Hello,

I'm having a few issues with power shell and migrating a bulk of users from a forest in 2003 to a forest 2007.

The two forests exist and there is a full trust between them, DNS has been set up so everyone can see everyone else.

The way I'm doing this is to migrate a user first using the migrate tool then the mailbox using this command:

$s=get-credential # (use your AD Account)
    $t=get-credential # (use your CIG Account)

$s=Move-mailbox -TargetDatabase "MYMAIL07SERVER\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" -BadItemLimit:"214" -identity "[email protected]" -GlobalCatalog NEWDC.DOMAIN.local -SourceForestGlobalCatalog OLDDC.DOMAIN.local -NTAccountOU "OU=BLAH,OU=BLAH,DC=NEWDOMAIN,DC=local" -MaxThreads 8 -SourceForestCredential $s -TargetForestCredential $t

Works perfectly but I want to use a csv (or text) to migrate users in bulk, so I migrated the user and entered the details into the csv file:

Username,
    TL,

And used this script:

Import-CSV c:\scripts\users.csv | Get-Mailbox -Identity {$_.Username} | Move-Mailbox -TargetDatabase

"MYMAIL07SERVER\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" -GlobalCatalog NEWDC.DOMAIN.local -SourceForestGlobalCatalog

OLDDC.DOMAIN.local -IgnorePolicyMatch -NTAccountOU "OU=BLAH,OU=BLAH,DC=NEWDOMAIN,DC=local" -BadItemLimit 214 -MaxThreads 10 -SourceForestCredential $SourceCredential -

TargetForestCredential $TargetCredential

But I keep getting the same error and have no idea what i'm doing wrong:

Get-Mailbox : The operation could not be performed because object 'TL' could no
    t be found on domain controller 'NEWDC.DOMAIN.local '.
    At C:\Scripts\MultipleMBmRD.ps1:1 char:46
    + Import-CSV c:\scripts\users.csv | Get-Mailbox <<<< -Identity {$_.Username} |
    Move-Mailbox -TargetDatabase "MYMAIL07SERVER\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database"
    -GlobalCatalog cigbridc02.cig.local -SourceForestGlobalCatalog bridc01.ad.broad
    system -IgnorePolicyMatch -NTAccountOU "OU=Blah,OU=BLAH,DC=NEWDOMAIN,DC=local" -BadItemLimit 214 -MaxThreads 10 -SourceForestC
    redential $SourceCredential -TargetForestCredential $TargetCredential

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

RobD

Re: Cross Forest Migration from 2003 to 2007

Only looking at the error you got, I think you have to include a DC from your source domain into the get-mailbox request, means something like:
    command1 | Get-Mailbox -Identity {$_.Username} -DomainController <FQDN of DC in source domain> | command 3

Comment

Working...
    X