No announcement yet.

Migrated Users can not access Public Folders

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrated Users can not access Public Folders

Hi There,

Currently migrating from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010.
    Have Outlook 2003 / 2007 clients

Migrated the first batch of users. Mailboxes moved fine and tested mail flow etc. However, migrated users can not access the public folders. I can confirm that replication took place and that the hierarchy replicated to Exchange 2010 as well as the folders.
    Two sets of public folders exist - Shared calendar and some contacts. All the users can see the contacts - both migrated and not migrated.
    The Calendar public folder only the non migrated users can see the folders.

The migrated users both 2003 / 2007 and OWA 2007 can not see the Calendar public folders. In outlook client the user gets a error -
    Network problems are preventing a connection to Microsoft Exchange

However, prior to moving any live users I had a test user in the exchange 2003 environment and migrated the mailbox to Exchange 2010. The test user can see the calendar public folder.

Hopefully I have not confused anyone.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I'd like to get this resolved before I move any more users. It is my understanding that all users should be able to see / use Public folders during migration irrespective of which server their mailbox is on.

Re: Migrated Users can not access Public Folders

This can be closed. It was a sync issue between the two exchange servers. Once the PF folder was properly replicated public folder access was restored.