X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA (2007): Problem with access one mailbox

Edit: Solution, please read post 2

Hello,

following problem with ONE user and his mailbox to access Outlook Web Access.

We use a CCR exchange 2007 SP1 cluster.
    Last year I had the same problem with another user and his mailbox *1.

First the error when this user try to access OWA.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Request
    Url: https://owa.our-domain.com/forms/premium/StartPage.aspx
    User host address: 1.1.1.0
    User: Our, User
    EX Address: /o=BLa/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (1235464164634)/cn=Recipients/cn=UserO
    SMTP Address:[email protected]
    OWA version: 8.1.340.0
    Mailbox server: MAILBOXSERVER.our.domain.com

Exception
    Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.CorruptDataExcepti on
    Exception message: Provider-specific ID (ENTRYID) length should not exceed 255 bytes (in the binary format).

Call stack

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.StoreObjectId..cto r(Byte[] entryId, StoreObjectType itemType)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.IdProperty.NativeI dFilterToSmartIdFilter(QueryFilter filter, SmartPropertyDefinition smartProperty, PropertyDefinition nativeProperty)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.FilterRestrictionC onverter.SmartPropertyCreateFilter(QueryFilter filter)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.FilterRestrictionC onverter.InternalCreateFilters(ExchangeTimeZone timeZone, MapiProp mapiProp, Restriction[] restrictions, Int32 depth)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.FilterRestrictionC onverter.InternalCreateNativeFilter(ExchangeTimeZo ne timeZone, MapiProp mapiProp, Restriction restriction, Int32 depth)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.FilterRestrictionC onverter.InternalCreateFilters(ExchangeTimeZone timeZone, MapiProp mapiProp, Restriction[] restrictions, Int32 depth)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.FilterRestrictionC onverter.InternalCreateNativeFilter(ExchangeTimeZo ne timeZone, MapiProp mapiProp, Restriction restriction, Int32 depth)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.FilterRestrictionC onverter.InternalCreateFilter(ExchangeTimeZone timeZone, MapiProp mapiProp, Restriction restriction, Int32 depth)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.SearchFolder.GetSe archCriteria()
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.DefaultFolderManag er.GetRemindersSearchFolderState(SearchFolder reminders)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.DefaultFolderManag er.VerifyAndFixRemindersSearchFolder(StoreId reminderSearchFolderId)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.DefaultFolderManag er.GetDefaultFolderId(DefaultFolderType defaultFolderType)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.UserContext.Ge tDefaultFolderId(DefaultFolderType defaultFolderType, String folderName)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.UserContext.ge t_RemindersSearchFolderId()
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.StartPage.O nInit(EventArgs e)
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

*1: His error I solved with creating a new mailbox.
    I exportet his old mailbox, created a new one and imported the data of his old mailbox in his new one. OWA works ...

Now another user have the same problem.
    I have no idea what it is.
    The error is the entryid. EntryIDs has every object in outlook.. emails, tasks, calender object and so on.
    Maybe one of this object have an invalid entryID?! But how can I find this object?
    OWA in light version works! No problem in light version...
    I won't create a new mailbox.

Any ideas?

Regards
    Last edited by El Larso; 30th March 2010, 14:49.

Re: OWA (2007): Problem with access one mailbox

Hi,

I'm again

I hope that somebody could help me.
    The problem is that a view more users can not access with owa.
    Same error like in my first post.
    Only light "web access light" works well.

I don't know what to do... Outlook2007 and web access light works normally.
    Is there a tool to check mailboxes?

I think that some elements in each mailboxes are broken speak they have an invalid entryID.
    But how can I find this elements?

Any one ideas?

Regards

Comment

Re: OWA (2007): Problem with access one mailbox

Last post

All done.

I think I know the answer for this error.

Some users use an outlook add-in "public reminder".
      This add-in can remind for emails, appoinments and so on of third mailboxes in Outlook. (You know, Outlook reminder can not remind you for reminders in a third open mailbox). Example secretary and manager.

I found an "hint" in the error message.
      Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.DefaultFolderManag er.VerifyAndFixRemindersSearchFolder(StoreId reminderSearchFolderId)

I think that "public reminder" change the entryID of remindersearchfolderID over 255 bytes...

I'm on it and do some tests.

But I am very sure because only public reminder users have this problem.

Thanks for your attention
      Regards

Edit:
      Yes... I am right. Problem is the add in "Public Reminder". I deinstalled this tool on one PC and did a "cleanreminders" command in Outlook. Reminders were created new and voila outlook web access works properly.
      So... be careful when you think about this tool.
      Last edited by El Larso; 30th March 2010, 14:55.

Comment

Working...
      X