Installing Exchange Server 2007 Management Tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Exchange Server 2007 Management Tools

This is a fairly naive question, but I want to be able to manage my Exchange Server 2007 from a 64-bit Windows 7 workstation on the domain.

I can find Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Management Tools (32-Bit), but not the equivalent 64-bit version. The writeup for the 32-bit version says:
    "Exchange Server 2007 is a native 64-bit application that includes 64-bit management tools. You can use the management tools to administer your Exchange Server environment remotely" but it does not explain HOW to get them onto my workstation. I don't really want to just go ahead and attempt to install Exchange Server 2007 on the Windows 7 PC without knowing what I'm going to get. Even less so because Exchange Server 2007 was installed as part of SBS 2008 Premium Edition!

Can anyone give a simple procedure to do what I want? Thanks!

Re: Installing Exchange Server 2007 Management Tools

They are part of the full Exchange 2007 install -- just select "management tools only"
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks very much - presumably I can just run the appropriate Service Pack executable to select Management Tools?

Comment

Yes
        <damn 10 char limit >
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X