Advise on Sharing email to reduce storage space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise on Sharing email to reduce storage space

Our HR department is now telling me that they are getting notices that they are running out of email storage space and need away to increase due to all of the emails they get from recruitment and also because of other email boxes that they import from previous employees.
    I was thinking there should be a way for me to add the emails to a public folder so they can be easily shared and then I can manage access rights to the public folder but I'm not sure if this is the best method. We are not Exchange administrators, we just help create accounts and backup email.

Server - Server 2008
    Exchange 2007

Please let me know if any other information is needed.

Thanks,

Re: Advise on Sharing email to reduce storage space

Given the relatively low cost of drive space, consider dealing with the underlying problem rather than your proposal

Are you sure the default mailbox size limits (2 GB IIRC) are not in place and warning messages are being generated?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Advise on Sharing email to reduce storage space

Her email box is about 2 gb. My main thought is on being able to centrally locate a group of emails, I think it would be done through public folders, just need to verify that is correct and also how to accomplish that.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
      X