Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

restore database to Recovery storage group, but not enough disk space.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restore database to Recovery storage group, but not enough disk space.

I am using Backup Exec 12.5, and unfortunately I didn't have GRT configured (needless to day I do now).

I have a user that wishes to have their contacts restored, they were accidently deleted. I have no problem creating the RSG using EMC but my issues is that I don't have the disk space to restore a 80gb database to my Exchange server.

My thinking is I need to connect an external drive, and using Backup Exec redirect the restore to the external drive? Then when creating the RSG browse to the drive where the restored database is located?

Is my thinking correct?
    Last edited by benblank04; 31st December 2009, 18:39.

Re: restore database to Recovery storage group, but not enough disk space.

That should work, but have you checked the Deleted Items Dumpster for the contacts? That may save you the trouble of doing the restore.

Comment

Re: restore database to Recovery storage group, but not enough disk space.

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      That should work, but have you checked the Deleted Items Dumpster for the contacts? That may save you the trouble of doing the restore.

That was my original thought, but it appears Motorola Phone Tools completely messed up all the contacts.

Comment

Working...
      X