Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange is not working after migrating server 2003 to sever 2008

Hi there

Today I have migrated server 2003 to server 2008 and transfered all 5 fsmo roles to 2008dc,

after this it was working fine, I shut down server 2003 to check network issues.

now my exchange is not working, but i can login to the domian, no exchnage server is getting connected, users are not getting connected to exchange server.

When I start AD users and computers in exchange server, I am getting an error : "The directory schema is not accessible because an invalid directory path name was passed for htis reason, the new menu may be inaccurate, and snap ins may not work properly.

Again I restarted Server 2003 back, now users getting connected to exchange server,

I dont want server 2003 to be running, as I already transfered FMSO roles to server 2008,

to troubleshoot this issue where exactly do i need to fix.

Please help me out in this issue,

I am going to migrate server 2003 to server 2008 in my company.

PLZ PLZ HELP ME

thanks

Re: Exchange is not working after migrating server 2003 to sever 2008

did you seize or transfer the roles ? it sounds like they may not hve transferredd..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Exchange is not working after migrating server 2003 to sever 2008

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      did you seize or transfer the roles ? it sounds like they may not hve transferredd..

I did transferred by using regsvr32 schmmgmt.dl> then used mmc snap-in in 2008 and transfered all 5 roles, after that i did shutdown 2003 server after this exchange went offline cant access outlook not conecting, some reason i could nt trace I change Dns ip address as is it like server 2003 in 2k8,

It is working fine no problems as of now, i did reastarted all the servers,

Note: The Replication takes around 30 to 40 minutes to fully replicate all the services,

-------- ====== ---------------------

Now I am preparing my exchange server 2003 to migrate to 2007exchange, hope this goes well, this is in testing environment,

All i need to implement in next year first week

i will catch up on exchange servers threads

Comment

Working...
      X