Free/Busy Information not available for internal Outlook 2007 usrers

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free/Busy Information not available for internal Outlook 2007 usrers

Dear All,
    Happy Holidays to all of you!
    I'm having some problems with Outlook 2007 and I hope to get some help from this forum.

I have Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise set up on a Windows Server 2008 64-bit box. I have the CAS Server on one box and the Mailbox, HT, and UM on another. I'm using a UC certificate to publish OWA, ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere to my remote users via ISA Server 2006. OWA, ActiveSync, Outlook Anywhere work fine. The problem I'm faced with is that inside my network, the Free/Busy info is not available to my users. My internal users are getting the following message every time they try to submit a meeting request:

"Suggestions cannot be provided because free/busy data could not be retrieved".

Free/Busy data is available when using OWA internally but not with Outlook 2007. My remote users don't have that problem.
    When I run Test-OutlookWebServices from my CAS Server I get the following:

[PS] C:\Windows\System32>Test-OutlookWebServices
    Id Type Message
    -- ---- -------
    1003 Information About to test AutoDiscover with the e-mail address rdoumnande@...
    1006 Information The Autodiscover service was contacted at
    1013 Error When contacting rece...
    1016 Error [EXCH]-Error when contacting the AS service at https://wdccas....
    1015 Success [EXCH]-Successfully contacted the OAB service at https://wdcca...
    1014 Success [EXCH]-Successfully contacted the UM service at https://wdccas...
    1016 Information [EXPR]-The AS is not configured for this user.
    1015 Success [EXPR]-Successfully contacted the OAB service at . The elapsed...
    1014 Information [EXPR]-The UM is not configured for this user.
    1017 Success [EXPR]-Successfully contacted the RPC/HTTP service at https://...
    1006 Success The Autodiscover service was tested successfully.
    1021 Information The following web services generated errors....

[PS] C:\Windows\System32>

Event ID 1013 & 1016 show that there is an error contacting the availability service but I cann't find the source of the problem.

When I run Get-ClientAccessServer, this is what I get:
    [PS] C:\Windows\System32>Get-ClientAccessServer |fl

Name : WDCCAS
    OutlookAnywhereEnabled : True
    AutoDiscoverServiceCN : wdccas
    AutoDiscoverServiceClassName : ms-Exchange-AutoDiscover-Service
    AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri :
    AutoDiscoverServiceGuid : 77378f46-2c66-4aa9-a6a6-3e7a48b19596
    AutoDiscoverSiteScope : {HQ}
    IsValid : True
    OriginatingServer :
    ExchangeVersion : 0.1 (8.0.535.0)
    DistinguishedName : CN=WDCCAS,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=NPCA,C
    N=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domainnam e,DC=org
    Identity : WDCCAS
    Guid : 2d247da4-b7a6-4f15-aa7d-a68a1916e63d
    ObjectCategory :
    ObjectClass : {top, server, msExchExchangeServer}
    WhenChanged : 10/2/2009 12:09:19 PM
    WhenCreated : 10/2/2009 10:13:51 AM

When I run Test-OutlookWebServices against a username, I get the same 1013 error with the following detail:
    Id : 1013
    Type : Error
    Message : When contacting received the error The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.
    The HTTP status 403: Forbidden tells me that there is a permission issue somewhere but I cannot put my hand on it.

Has anybody in this forum of experts experience something similar? If yes, what is the go around to address the issue?

Any help is more than welcome.

Best regards,

hx40r -

Re: Free/Busy Information not available for internal Outlook 2007 usrers

Free/Busy is more to do with exchange from memory so would probably be best served in the Exchange forum.

Moving to the Exchange 2007 forum.

try this reg key.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
      [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\O utlook\Options\Calendar]
      [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\O utlook\Options\Calendar\Internet Free/Busy]
      "Read URL"=""
      "Write URL"=""

Check the permissions on the virtual directories:

If this does not work then you might want to recreate the virtual directory using New-WebServicesVirtualDirectory cmdlet using the Exchange Management Shell.