OWA Exch 2007 not working at all.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA Exch 2007 not working at all.

I have already searched for the same posting and I did find a few suggestions, but nothing seems to work.

I can't do a simple search in OWA, exch 2007. But I can search my public folders in OWA.

Here is the error that I get while trying to search:

A problem occurred while trying to use your mailbox. Please contact technical support for your organizaion.

Typical MS error message and no help whatsoever.

I've tried the below suggestion but it didn't resolve my problem:

If the issue persists, please refer to the following suggestions and test the issue again:
    Remove/Reinstall Microsoft Full Text Indexing Engine for Exchange.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are the steps to Properly remove and re-install the Microsoft Full Text Indexing Engine For Exchange.
    1. Stop the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer and the Microsoft Search (Exchange) services
    2. Click Start, and then click Run.
    3. In the Open text box, type Installer , and then click OK.
    4. Right-click the Name column header, and then click More..
    5. Select Subject and Click OK
    6. Search through the Subject field until you find "Microsoft Full Text Indexing Engine for Exchange Setup v8.x.xxx.x". The x's denote what version is installed on the server.
    7. Right-click the cached Windows Installer file that has the "Microsoft Full Text Indexing Engine for Exchange Setup v8.x.xxx.x" subject, and then click Uninstall.
    8. After the uninstall process has completed, quit the Installer.
    9. Run msiexec /i msfte.msi TARGETDIR="c:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server" .The TargetDir can change, but this is the default one, change it to whatever you are using. MSFTE.msi will add the "\Bin" to the path. After this completes make sure Microsoft.Exchange.Search.ExSearch.exe and msfte.dll are in the same folder. MSFTE.MSI can be found on the Exchange 2007 Setup CD (file:///\\\\Setup\\ServerRoles\\Mailbox) directory
    10. Start Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer and the Microsoft Search (Exchange) services.

then ran cmdlet: resetsearchindex -force -all

Re: OWA Exch 2007 not working at all.

wow over 120 views and not one answer...

Comment

any one....

Comment

Please do NOT bounce your post
        You will get answers IF anyone can help

If you are in a hurry, please contact MS Product support, who will be delighted to take your money

Anything in event logs?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Please do NOT bounce your post
          You will get answers IF anyone can help

If you are in a hurry, please contact MS Product support, who will be delighted to take your money

Anything in event logs?
          ok Ossian, thought you had some type of answer for me...LOL it's not a big rush just very annoying that I can't search in OWA. Well not for me but my users.

Comment

Not sure whether your issue is still there but please do have a look at the steps mentioned here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-2b53861206a1/

Regards
            Jedi001
            Technical Director
            www.tecguruz.com
            Ex-Microsoft (Exchange Client & Server Infrastructure Team), MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS & ITIL Foundation certified

Comment

Originally posted by jedi001 View Post
              Not sure whether your issue is still there but please do have a look at the steps mentioned here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-2b53861206a1/

Regards
              Jedi001

yeah that too didn't help, but thanks...I'll keep searching.

Comment

ok I finally solved this issue.

I uninstalled Exch SP2, then re-installed exch SP2, with rollup 2. After I rebooted I was able to search in OWA.

Comment

Working...
                X