Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exch 2007 with PGP Universal server : too many recipients?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exch 2007 with PGP Universal server : too many recipients?

We are running SBS 2008 with Exch 2007. Between our exch srv and the outside world is our PGP universal server. I have no issues sending and receiving emails normally. My users can send an email with 10 or 15 recipients in the "TO" field. If he has 30, 40 or 50, then the emails get rejected by the PGP Server as shown below:

The following organization rejected your message: keys.pcresources.com.
    Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

This is repeated for each address:
    Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: SBS2008.pcr.local

[email protected]
    keys.pcresources.com #554 PGP Universal: Error while processing (SMTP-0004 ##

The Universal server can handle emails with many more than 55 addresses in the "TO" field. I have spent hours on the phone with them to confirm the settings. The limitations appear to be on the server. We have only been running SBS 2008 for a short period so this has not come up before. I have already tried changing the 'Maximum concurrent outbound connections per domain' to 500, but this has not made a difference. I am now at a lost as to where this limitation might be coming from, since there are no limitations on the Universal Server. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Exch 2007 with PGP Universal server : too many recipients?

within exchange 2003, you can actually set the maximum number of addresses a specific email can be sent to..

maybe it bypasses that for internal ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Exch 2007 with PGP Universal server : too many recipients?

That SMTP return code is not from Exchange, the PGP server is rejecting the message.

This here: "#554 PGP Universal: Error while processing (SMTP-0004" can only be obtained from a rejection notice from the PGP server.

Shaun

Comment

Working...
      X