No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 Anti SPAM

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 Anti SPAM

In looking at your numerous articles on Exchange 2007; I wanted to concentrate on the Anti Spam setting in particular. Although I have setup Exchange 2007 a few times; I have not had the opportunity to really delve into the Anti Spam setting that is built into Exchange. I would like to know (comparitive) is it as robust or not to say the Barracuda's out there or Iron ports of the IT community?
    We are now hosting our Spam solution and it has proven time and again Not to be the best oiption. Moving forward I would rather adopt a Best Paractice than not..Is The Anti Spam withinn Exchange a Best Practice approach or do you not have confidence in the product at this time.
    Your Insight is greatly appreciated.

Re: Exchange 2007 Anti SPAM

At most you can get out of this question are opinions.

We are using the Anti Spam provided by Edge servers in our company and it works fine in my opnion.

If a customer would ask me I would tell him the same, but it depends on the environment and the needs.

Re: Exchange 2007 Anti SPAM

There is no single answer to this question.
      I have seen the built in antispam options work really well, and then I have seen it fail.
      Name almost any product and I have seen it work well and also fail.

Every site is different. The only thing you can do is deploy it and see whether it works.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.