Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Mailbox of child domain when its not available.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Mailbox of child domain when its not available.

Hi All, we had major problem with our child domain and still are having it. From exchange 2007 we can see the mailboxes however, when we double click for more details it says that domain is unavailble. Mailboxes are working cause of cache on gc but we have major security issue on the child domain.

What we want to do is remove/disconnect the mailbox and rejoin it to new user on the root. Basically we are migrating all the users from our child domain to root. But when we try to remove mailbox from exchange it gives the same error cannot connect to domain. I have read on one of the post to run cleanup agent but havent tried it yet. I would like to know if theres any command to run to remove/disconnect the mailbox forcefully even if the domain is not available?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Removing Mailbox of child domain when its not available.

Alright just an update... i have tried everything in the world to remove/disconnect/disable those accounts from Exchange 2007 from cmdlet or gui no luck.

I have tried clean-mailboxdatabase and that didnt work either since it does the active directory lookup as well. So i gave up looking for the solution and went back to fixing the child domain and we have finally fixed it. Hopefully no one else will have the same problem.

Comment

Working...
    X