Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canot set up Outlook Web Access

All,

Please help. I have a customer running Windows Server 2008 SP1 and Exchnage 2007. I am trying to set up OWA. I have set the external URL to https://mail.xxxxx.com/owa and there is an external DNS A record pointing mail.xxxxx.com to the correct IP. It doesn't work. Is there anything else I need to do?
    It does work internally with the internal URL.

Excuse my ignorance, I've never doen this before and I can't seem to find a step by step guide on the web.

Please help.

Chubbmaster.

Re: Canot set up Outlook Web Access

Originally posted by chubbmaster View Post
    All,

Please help. I have a customer running Windows Server 2008 SP1 and Exchnage 2007. I am trying to set up OWA. I have set the external URL to https://mail.xxxxx.com/owa and there is an external DNS A record pointing mail.xxxxx.com to the correct IP. It doesn't work. Is there anything else I need to do?
    It does work internally with the internal URL.

Excuse my ignorance, I've never doen this before and I can't seem to find a step by step guide on the web.

Please help.

Chubbmaster.
    Hello,

I cannot imagine I am writing an answer to your question as I have an issue similar to yours but still I believe my issue is a little different from what your question is...

here is what you need to make sure:

1. Under Defaul Web Site, please make sure that you have binding for port 443 and you have 3rd party or Self created certificate (Internet MS CA) imported and enabled for IIS.

2. You also need port forwarding on your firewall for 443 - NATting, so that any traffic which is on port 443 is redirected to the Exchange 2007 server.

3. If you have 3rd party cert then it would not give you a certificate alert or warning on any computer as it is trusted however if you create a certificate using internal MS CA then you would have install the certificate on each client using OWA or just ignore it.

Please check all this and let us know whats the outcome.

Regards
    Jedi001
    Technical Director
    www.tecguruz.com
    Ex-Microsoft (Exchange Client & Server Infrastructure Team), MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS & ITIL Foundation certified

Comment

Working...
    X