Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several certificate for Exchange 2007

Hello,

A customer ask me if it is possible to get several certificate to connect securely to Exchange 2007, certificate linked to different Group Member Users ?

I know how to put one certificate for the entire company and then configure the OWA /PDA/Phone access to the email. But i cannot imagine it with several certificates linked to the same domain. An Idea ?

Regards,

Thierry

Re: Several certificate for Exchange 2007

i'd find out from your customer WHY they';d want to do that.. it doesn't make sense to me.

to use multiple certs, you'd need to really review the infrastructure, so that gorupA only connect via one instance, and groupB use the other instance, etc.

might be better to just get a wildcard cert ?

However - if you get some more info as to what they think this will assist them with, come back and i'll see if i can help some more
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

You can use a UC (Unified Communication) also known as a Subject Alternative Name (SAN) certificate for use with Exchange 2007. This will allow you to have multiple names in the same certificate and is the best practice method for 2007, it will allow you to correctly configure Autodiscover for instance.

As tehcamel says, I can't think of a reason why you would want more than one certificate for your Exchange organisation.

Shaun

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I had no real explanation about his question except "...in case of a problem with a group of users, so i haven't got to "burn" the certificate for all users...".

At first i think to put a certificate linked to a domain (cert1 for the exchange-user-group1.fr, cert2 for exchange-user-group2.fr, cert3 for exchange-user-group3.fr ..), the several domains linked to the same public IP ... but even there it didn't seem so easy to configure. In fact, i didn't know how to make that kind of configuration

So i tell the customer that it wasn't usefull.

Regards,

Thierry

Comment

Working...
        X