Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new exchange installation

greetings!

in trying to put things in order. just installed my new domain as company.local. all working fine. uses can log-in, gpo working fine too.

my question is: how can i properly install my exchange server on my server 2 (windows 2003) configured as a member server.

previously i successfully installed exchange on my domain, but unfortunately i was using my registered domain name also as the local domain name which based on my readings especially in this forum is not recommended.

any notes so that i can have a successful installation that can make my email work

Re: new exchange installation

What in detail is your question? Is it reagrding server roles, SMTP to and from the Internet or something else. If you want the right answers you have to be more specific.
    Last edited by FischFra; 25th November 2009, 16:23.

Comment

Originally posted by kinalas View Post
      greetings!

in trying to put things in order. just installed my new domain as company.local. all working fine. uses can log-in, gpo working fine too.

my question is: how can i properly install my exchange server on my server 2 (windows 2003) configured as a member server.

previously i successfully installed exchange on my domain, but unfortunately i was using my registered domain name also as the local domain name which based on my readings especially in this forum is not recommended.

any notes so that i can have a successful installation that can make my email work
      Just install Exchange on a member server. And configure the recipient update service. DNS will take care of the rest for you. Additionally the fact you used a "root" domain name previously makes no difference to Exchange. Exchange will only route email that it is authoritative for. That is predicated by the recipient update service.

Using root domain names will only cause you problems if you have a resource in the public domain using the same domain name. This can be remidied by creating a manual A record pointing to the IP address of the resource in question.

Comment

Befor something is going wrong and people try to find the recipient update service in E2k7 or E2010.

The recipient update service (RUS) is a thing of the past and gone with E2k7.

Comment

Working...
        X