No announcement yet.

Remove services on a certificate

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove services on a certificate

how do i remove services tied to a secure certificate on my exchange 2007 server?
    i enabled a certificate for imap and i did not need to do that, now i must remove the service. what is the command line to do that?

i have tried
    Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Services NONE -thumbprintxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

but that does not work.
    do i have to remove the certificate then reinstall it?

Re: Remove services on a certificate

Try the enable-exchangecertificate -services with the services you want the certificate be responsible. That should do the trick.

But anyway if you don't enable the IMAP service it shouldn't harm.

I would remove it in this case and re-enable it.

Remove-ExchangeCertificate -thumbprint "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

Enable-ExchangeCertificate -thumbprint "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" -services IIS,SMTP

If you remove the certificate there is nothing left to enable, so if you do this you have to import the certificate again bevor enabling it for any service.

thank you
          for your help

what i ended up doing was removing my certificate by deleting it manualy from the private store. import than enable a newer certificate and it accepted it.

unfortunately, now i am having another issue.. see my post of ssl certificate for outlook and owa..

now that my certificate is installed i get this prompt on my outlook client

With some services you can only have one certificate per service, so to remove the service you would enable it on another one. The service would then use the other certificate instead.

Simon Butler
            Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
            Exchange Resources List:
            In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.