Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help in Updating Exchange Server 2007 SP 1 RU 3 into SP 2

Hi All,

I'd like to upgrade my existing Exchange Server 2007 Std. SP1 + RU 3 into the latest Service Pack 2, but I'm confused and not sure if it can bring more benefits than harm

when i click on the Windows update, It only shows:
    1. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x64
    2. Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Rollup Update 9

Should I go ahead with the SP2 directly after the .NET Framework install ?

I also and always heard that there will be something broken after applying the patch to Microsoft Exchange Server, Can anyone share your experience here please of what to do after the SP2 install ? [I'm pretty sure that there is something won't work as expected ]

and of course if the upgrade is failed, I'll redeploy this server backup from Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5.

Cheers,

AWT

Re: Need help in Updating Exchange Server 2007 SP 1 RU 3 into SP 2

Hi, I think you have posted on EE with this questin too?

Anyhow, just to reiterate it should be fine, I'm installed it many times.

Personally, I would install the RU and .NET first and then see if SP2 appears as a download (it should). Then install this.

Of course, SP2 is cumulative and you could just apply directly through download, and that would be quicker, but I would prefer to follow the process of updating to latest RU and then install SP2 over the top (which will effectively replace the RU updates).

High priority updates and service packs are not optional, its ok to wait for a while before applying them, but eventually I'm afraid you just have to bit the bullet and apply them.

You're not running SBS right, as there are a few extra fixes to do after applying Exchange SP2 to SBS.

Shaun
    Shaun

Comment

Exchange SP2 does not appear via WSUS or Microsoft Update
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

oh, no wonder i couldn't find it.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X