Exchange 2007 with Multiple domain and single SMTP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 with Multiple domain and single SMTP

Great forums founded on WEB , Expecting earliest reply.

I have installed exchange 2007 with domain as abc.local. New domains mail.def.com and mail.ghi.com are configured on abc.local. I am able to access OWA from these domains and able to send and receive the mails for these domains.

xyz.com is another domain which is hosted on another new server (not exchange but its webmail) given the SMTP address for above domains,
    as found the help on google to configure multiple smtp to single user.
    Example
    A user- JAY , having the addresses as [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected].

Any mail send from Jay user will receive as from address as [email protected] (as this set as default address)

Till this OK everyhting working fine.

Main Issue is when I send the mail from OWA of any account it will come only in OWA not on outlook ( here outlook is configured for domain xyz.com)

hope this understand the situation and expecting the reply.

Thanks

Re: Exchange 2007 with Multiple domain and single SMTP

Originally posted by ajayrash View Post
    Great forums founded on WEB , Expecting earliest reply.

I have installed exchange 2007 with domain as abc.local. New domains mail.def.com and mail.ghi.com are configured on abc.local. I am able to access OWA from these domains and able to send and receive the mails for these domains.

xyz.com is another domain which is hosted on another new server (not exchange but its webmail) given the SMTP address for above domains,
    as found the help on google to configure multiple smtp to single user.
    Example
    A user- JAY , having the addresses as [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected].

Any mail send from Jay user will receive as from address as [email protected] (as this set as default address)

Till this OK everyhting working fine.

Main Issue is when I send the mail from OWA of any account it will come only in OWA not on outlook ( here outlook is configured for domain xyz.com)

hope this understand the situation and expecting the reply.

Thanks
    How have you set up the accepted domain in Exchange 2007? is it set up for a shared namespace or relay?

Its fine for a user to have multiple email addresses, you simply make one the default as you said, that then becomes his/her main from address when sending mail.

It sounds to me like you havent set up the xyz.com domain namespace correct with exchange, you need to use a different explicit send connector from exchange for exchange to forward the mail to the xyz.com server for delivery to outlook.

Why not just let exchange 2007 manage the domain and use outlook directly for exchange 2007?

By the sounds of things, you dont want to use OWA for mail, but your webmail system, you need to then sort your send connector out so Exchange doesnt deliver the mail locally?

Comment

Originally posted by mrflash View Post
      How have you set up the accepted domain in Exchange 2007? is it set up for a shared namespace or relay?

--- Yes I have setup for accepted domain .

Its fine for a user to have multiple email addresses, you simply make one the default as you said, that then becomes his/her main from address when sending mail.

-- yes

It sounds to me like you havent set up the xyz.com domain namespace correct with exchange, you need to use a different explicit send connector from exchange for exchange to forward the mail to the xyz.com server for delivery to outlook.

Why not just let exchange 2007 manage the domain and use outlook directly for exchange 2007?

By the sounds of things, you dont want to use OWA for mail, but your webmail system, you need to then sort your send connector out so Exchange doesnt deliver the mail locally?
      Its correct that I have not setup xyz.com with this exchange , but webmail.xyz.com is already configured with another server.

My question is When I send mail from [email protected] to [email protected] , which I received on [email protected] with the address as from [email protected].

Now when I replied mail it goes to [email protected] which is configured in outlook , this mail I am not receiving.

Hope this will clear my query.

I can say OWA is much much better than webmail to operate.

Thanks for immd reply

Comment

in that case, if you are sure its all routed correctly.

Use the Message Tracking and Ruting Tools in the Exchange Management Console to diagnose the email routin and find where the message went.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by mrflash View Post
          in that case, if you are sure its all routed correctly.

Use the Message Tracking and Ruting Tools in the Exchange Management Console to diagnose the email routin and find where the message went.

Regards
          One more thing want to clear here , xyz.com I have forwarded to def.com domain, means from webmail it is coming to exchange .

When i am sending any mail to xyz.com from OWA , i can able to see in the same OWA (as it is forwarded) but in outlook it is not coming .

really thank you for giving the reply , expecting to finalize the solution

Comment

Originally posted by ajayrash View Post
            One more thing want to clear here , xyz.com I have forwarded to def.com domain, means from webmail it is coming to exchange .

When i am sending any mail to xyz.com from OWA , i can able to see in the same OWA (as it is forwarded) but in outlook it is not coming .

really thank you for giving the reply , expecting to finalize the solution

Expecting the reply ....

Comment

DONT BUMP YOUR POSTS -- 2h15mins is not a long enough timescale to get a reply
              If you NEED a reply in a given timescale, phone Microsoft (have a credit card handy) and raise a support incident

If you are not prepared to pay, show some courtesy to the members here who give up their own free time to deal with problems. We have jobs and families so do like a bit of time to ourselves.
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                DONT BUMP YOUR POSTS -- 2h15mins is not a long enough timescale to get a reply
                If you NEED a reply in a given timescale, phone Microsoft (have a credit card handy) and raise a support incident

If you are not prepared to pay, show some courtesy to the members here who give up their own free time to deal with problems. We have jobs and families so do like a bit of time to ourselves.
                Hi

what do you mean bump the post ? I have seen the forums having great answers really I appreciate to the members of this website.

In 2 hr time still may be i couldnot able to define my problem or they are not able to realise my problem.

I dont know every members are just waiting for the post and reply continuously , I was thinking to give the time to them ..

If everybody is online its great , i'll also keep watching and keep online.

if anybody hurt sorry for that , if replying to me its great

thanks

Comment

Yes, you should give people time to answer -- a LOT more than 2 hours
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                    Yes, you should give people time to answer -- a LOT more than 2 hours
                    Thanks a lot considering me . I am still expecting the reply and really appreciate about the reply on this forums.

Great work done guys.

Comment

Okay well im thoroughly confused now.

You have a webmail which is forwarding to exchange and forwarded domains to one another?

Please draw a diagram for me to help you further.

Have you tried using the message tracking tools?

Comment

Working...
                      X