No announcement yet.

exchange 007 migration

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange 007 migration

we have exchange 2003 and are migrating to exchange 2007. we are keeping with win2k3 r2... when u install 2007 it creates a second smtp connector to both servers and starts sending mail out through each server depending on where the mailbox is located.

To make a long story short.....
    How can i force the mail to only go out through my new 2007 server even though i still have mailboxes on my old 2003 server?

Re: exchange 007 migration

Hi there, completely wrong to begin with, you cannot migrate, its called co-existence in 2003-2007 scenarios.

Exchange 2007 when installed in co-existance doesnt create an smtp connector, it creates a routing grouyp connector between the two administrative groups to the bridgehead servers.

email is sent between 2007 and 2003 automaitcally over this connector, and exchange 2007 then uses the default send connector of 2003 to send/receive email unless you have asked 2007 to be the main incoming/outgoing server for email.

To do this:
    You just need to ensure that your 2007 server has the correct send connectors and receive connectors is set to allow anonymous recipients. Then simply delete the 2003 send connector.