Migration from Goldmine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migration from Goldmine

We're in the process of doing an SBS 2008 install for a customer and the last issue to address is getting email out of Goldmine and into Exchange.

I've heard some suggestions that there is no method of direct export from Goldmine, but that it is basically a POP3 server so Outlook could hook into it and pull all the emails into a PST which could then be pushed into the Exchange mailbox. Can anybody confirm/deny/advise etc?

We've dealt with all of the other stuff, contacts, notes and files already, it's just the email that remains and I'd rather not have to forward out years worth of email to a new account.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Re: Migration from Goldmine

What version of Goldmine
    and SQL or DBF?
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Quite old, I think it's 5.5 although I'll confirm tomorrow.
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Correction, it's v6.5
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

There is a table called mailbox, point your favorite DB tool at it and extract to excel, then import to outlook and upload to exchange, I never heard of goldmine as a pop server, client maybe, but not server AFAIK.

Also you will loose the link to the contact, depending on where the rest of goldmine ended up.
          "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Cheers, I'll give it a go. Was worried for a while i might have to use XP Mode to keep this going.
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
            X