Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where are all of the maxmessagesize settings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where are all of the maxmessagesize settings?

I have a 2007 standard server, and it bounces any message larger than 10MB.

I have set the default receive connector's limit to 20MB, the client receive connector's limit to 20MB

I use Postini hosted service for spam, it's limit is set to 200MB, so that's a non issue.

Where else could I be running into a limit? Are there any logs that could be checked?

I get blocked sending to my exchange address from outside of our network, and also sending to exchange address from a network scanner inside our network

any help would be great!

Re: where are all of the maxmessagesize settings?

The bounce messages should help you as they will say which server has triggered the response
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: where are all of the maxmessagesize settings?

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      The bounce messages should help you as they will say which server has triggered the response
      apparently the only non-exchange mailboxes I have access to are gmail or google apps based, which provides a fairly dumbed down bounce message.

I am confident, however, that the message is coming from our one and only exchange 2007 server, as the scanner in question connects directly to it's SMTP connector, and is getting the mail too big error.

The only question in my mind is where is the connector setting that I have missed...

Comment

Working...
      X