Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export-mail - Im stuck...

Hello,

Our organization have a couple of hundred mailboxes and we are on the verge to move some of these mailboxes to another site.

My first problem:
    My current commandline is as follows:
    Code:
    Get-Mailbox -Database exch01\Crewing | export-mailbox -MaxThreads 4 -EndDate "01.09.2009" -BadItemLimit 500 PSTFolderpath c:\
    When running this I get the following error after a few minutes:
    Export-Mailbox: Error was found for No Name ([email protected]) because: Error occured in the setp: Moving messages. Failed to copy messages to the destination mailbox store with error:
    MAPI or an unspecified service provider.
    ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000, error code: -1056749164

I have read suggestions that the problem might have to with access rights, but the problem do not occur when I remove the cmdlet -EndDate "01.09.2009" (I have also tried -EndDate 01/09/2009 with and without ")

My second little problem:
    I have a list of usernames, is there someway to paste this list into a .txt or ps1 file that is read so that it only exports the names in that said list?

Thanks a million for any help!

Re: Export-mail - Im stuck...

I am not sure about the error you are getting, but to do a list of users, create the list, and add this to the beginning of your command: get-content c:\users.txt | Get-mailbox...

This reads the data in the .txt file and pipes it into the Get-Mailbox command.

Just point to where you have the txt file. I have done this and it works. One username per line in the txt file. I believe maxthreads can be as high as 30.
    Thank you,

Marc

Comment

Thanks a MILLION tnshurtm! This will make my job so much easier

For other users using this:

I had to remove the following -Database exch01\Crewing . Having the usernames the orgainzation isn't that important anyway.

As for my main problem, I have not found any solutions yet.

Comment

What is the Short date format configured as in the machine where where you run the command from?
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
          What is the Short date format configured as in the machine where where you run the command from?
          Short date format: dd.MM.YYYY (27.10.2007) - it's the same on the server I'm exporting from.

Comment

You have to run Export-Mailbox from a 32bit PC running Outlook 2003 SP2 or above if you are exporting to PST.

I cover this in a recent article for the Import-Mailbox command, the same is true for Export-Mailbox regarding the use of PST's: http://exchangeshell.wordpress.com/2...rshell-cmdlets

Can you confirm you are using a 32bit computer to run this task?

Shaun

Comment

Yes.

I can verify that I run the export on a clean Install of Windows XP Pro 32bit.

Comment

What version of Outlook are you running on the XP client PC?

Can you try giving yourself explicit Full Access permissions on all the mailboxes if you have not done so already.

Get-Mailbox -server <themailboxserver> | Add-MailboxPermission-user <youraccount> -accessrights FullAccess -confirm:$false

Shaun

Comment

Sorry, no space between Add-MailboxPermission and -user there, try here:

Get-Mailbox -server <themailboxserver> | Add-MailboxPermission -user <youraccount> -accessrights FullAccess -confirm:$false

Comment

shauncroucher: Thanks for your reply and effort on my regards.

The setup on the client exporting:

- Windows XP 32bit
                    - Office 2007
                    - Exchange Management Tools SP1
                    - All current updates

As for your suggestions all these things regarding ownership and access rights have been tested and verified ok on the export user.

I'm starting to wonder if the problem could be the server and Exchange server installation itself that is the cause of these problems. I setup a lab exchange server and was able to extract with -startdate / -enddate switches with the same setup as above.

Comment

Is the Exchange server fully up to date, all patches applied? Is it on SP1 or SP2?

Shaun

Comment

Working...
                      X