Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading from 2003 to 2010 - domain with underscore an issue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from 2003 to 2010 - domain with underscore an issue?

Has anyone tested to see if this underscore in the domain name is an issue going from Exchange 2003 directly to Exchange 2010 ? I am hearing that this is something that Microsoft did on purpose, so maybe there is no intention to fix the issue?

Re: Domain with underscore

Since it's not supported, I would guess you wouldn't be able to install Exchange 2010. And please don't hijack threads...
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Domain with underscore

Thread split.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Upgrading from 2003 to 2010 - domain with underscore an issue?

Hi

I had this issue when upgrading from 2003 to 2007. It's not supported and Exchange would not install.

I ended up rebuilding my domain without the underscore - as I really didn't fancy going down the domain rename route! Besides I seem to remember that having run the Exchange install and failing renaming the domain wasn't a option anyway....

Comment

Re: Upgrading from 2003 to 2010 - domain with underscore an issue?

Since you are still using Exchange 2003 you would be able to use the domain renaming tool to correct the DNS name to a supported one.

Depending on your environment it could be a easy task, not so easy or impossible.

Comment

Working...
          X