No announcement yet.

MFCMapi - connection problems.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MFCMapi - connection problems.

Hi Foils,

I am having a little problem diagnosing a MAPI problem. We're using Exclaimer to control our office signatures. I've been asked to enable it for OWA. We have Exchange 2007 hosted on Server 2008. I've installed the MAPI and CDO tools from Microsoft as it's required for Exclaimer. However I am struggling to get the signatures to work in OWA.

I've been trying to get some help from Exclaimer and they asked me to use MFCMapi to see if we can diagnose connection faults. When I log on I get this error:

MAPIIntialize failed with error 0x80004005 == MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED.

Here are some known causes for this.
    1 - Windows Mail or Outlook Express (which do not implement Extended MAPI) is registered as the Default Mail Client.
    See for information on setting the Default Mail Client.
    2 - The bitness (32 or 64 bit) of MFCMAPI does not match the bitness of Outlook.
    See for the latest 32 bit and 64 bit builds of MFCMAPI.
    In file .\MapiObjects.cpp
    On line 113
    I've been hunting around and I've not been able to find anything about this error.

One of the items in the error is that Windows Mail is registered as the Default Mail client. This (I think) is the cause. I don't have any version of Outlook installed. Windows Mail is the default mail client. What should I change it to?

Exclaimer say this is a windows error and will not give any help.