exchange in my webserver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange in my webserver

can i install exchange in my webserver that is hosting multi sites.
    can the exchange 2007 provide email for multi domains?
    please guide to do the tasks

thanks

Re: exchange in my webserver

Originally posted by kinalas View Post
    can i install exchange in my webserver that is hosting multi sites
    Yes, if you meet the requirements for Exchange.

can the exchange 2007 provide email for multi domains
    Yes.

please guide to do the tasks
    Google will tell you what the requirements are, how to setup Exchange and how to configure what domains to accept email for.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

thanks for the reply... just some basic concerns

since the webserver(hosting multi-sites) will be an exchange server, i need to promote it to a DC right?

then, what should be the domain name since its hosting several websites? please guide i'm new to this type of set-up. what is used before was promoting the server to a DC using the registered internet domain name.

thanks

Comment

No, DONT make it a DC
        Exchange 2007 works much better with external DCs

I presume your web sites are running on IIS and the server is 64 bit?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanks ossian.

but what do you mean by external DCs? Should i ask this from my ISP?
          and yes, i'm using IIS from windows 2008 foundation 64 bit

Comment

To run Exchange, you need an existing Active Directory domain with domain controllers at your site. I meant a domain controller that is NOT the Exchange box

I dont know about Exchange on Windows Foundation Server -- 15 connection limit might be an issue
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Exchange on a DC is generally regarded as a bad idea.

Using a DC as a web server or anything else that's accessible to the outside world is generally regarded as a bad idea.

Etc etc.

And as has been stated, I don't think running Exchange on Windows Server Foundation is going to give very good results. That's really not the sort of usage that Foundation was intended for.
              Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

depending on what sort of access you want your users to have, why don't you just use a pop3/smtp type of webmail setup, like most ISPs use ?
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                X