Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Forefront Security transport scan had a problem processing the message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Forefront Security transport scan had a problem processing the message

Hi All,

I'm having annoying problem in Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP1 RU 3 with the Forefront Security for Exchange Server SP1

All of the user in my domain could not send any files to anywhere if it is larger than 2 MB (from inside - Inside, inside to outside)

and the following error message generated to the Administrator (which is myself).

Code:
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, 25 September 2009 4:50 PM
    To: Administrator
    Subject: Microsoft Forefront Server Security transport scan encountered an error

Microsoft Forefront Security transport scan had a problem processing the message,

To: [email protected];
    Subject: Testing ?

The message has been archived and purged.
    I've double check in the following area:

Exchange Server:
    Outgoing connector max. size limit: 20 MB
    Receiving connector max. size limit: 20 MB

FFSE:
    Max Container size: 26214400 bytes

is there any way to diagnose the email flow ?

Thanks.

Re: Microsoft Forefront Security transport scan had a problem processing the message

I know that Exchange 21003 Intelligent Message Filter will not scan inside a file thats larger than 3MB, this is by design...

could be related to that ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Microsoft Forefront Security transport scan had a problem processing the message

Possibly ?

but I'm using Exchange Server 2007 SP1 and Forefront security for Exchange SP1

I used to be able to send large email attachment under the max. size limit but now somehow it failed

Comment

and now I'm getting different error message like the following:

FILE QUARANTINED

The original contents of this file have been replaced with
        this message because of its characteristics.
        File name: 'winmail.dat->p3008-SCHEME-SRS01-Iss3.5a.doc.zip->p3008-SCHEME-SRS01-Iss3.5a.doc'
        Virus name: 'CorruptedCompressedFile'

how come all in a sudden attachment could not be transferred in the email traffic ?

Comment

Working...
        X